REEL SISTERS HAS OPPORTUNITIES FOR VOLUNTEERS!
Help us support our women of color filmmakers by volunteering to help us do everything from distribute flyers, promote events and films on your social media networks to welcoming our guests at our two day film festival on Oct. 20 & 21, 2018 at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Brooklyn! Other venues will be announced for our season!
If you are interested in joining our volunteer team, please download the application and submit it with your resume to our volunteer coordinator.
Volunteer Positions Available!
Social Media/Marketing Volunteers
African Voices, a non-profit cultural arts organization founded in 1992, seeks three dedicated marketing & communications volunteers to serve on our marketing committee. The team will work collaboratively to research, plan and execute strategies to increase community awareness and engagement. The social media team will manage social media duties in order to build our online presence and crowd fundraising efforts. Individuals must be self-motivated able to conceptualize creative solutions to meet challenges. The organization publishes a literary arts magazine and runs a film festival devoted to women filmmakers.
Goals include raising awareness, promoting engagement and recruiting volunteers through various social media sites.
Duties will include:
- Create content for social media channels, which includes managing content and finding relevant news articles, videos, etc. to post and share
- Respond to messages, comments and posts from followers on social media sites
- Develop strategies to expand our online giving donor base via crowd funding platforms and sell tickets for our events and workshops
- Connect with other nonprofits, organizations and individuals that are related/relevant to our mission and operations
WORDPRESS WEBSITE MANAGER/BLOGGERS
Seeking individuals with blogging experience to maintain and post stories to the company’s new WordPress website. Ideal person will be passionate about writing and blogging. You will have a chance to develop story ideas in collaboration with our online website editor. Interest in learning interviewing techniques and covering community interest stories. Great opportunity to build a professional writing portfolio.
- Must be knowledgeable with WordPress and able to manage a blog.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Good grammatical skills necessary.
- Ability to work with a team to edit and develop stories for a professional website.
- Some social media knowledge.