Join the Reel Sisters team!
Help us support female filmmakers of color as a volunteer. We’re looking for energetic, friendly folks who are passionate about film. There are a variety of ways to utilize your talents throughout the year. Please send your resume and areas of interest to us at email@example.com.
- Pre-screeners – Calling all film lovers! Watch film submissions and assess their quality.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Recruit and manage all volunteers. Create schedules and serve as the on-site point of contact for volunteers.
- Greeters/Check-in – Greet festival attendees and assist with check-in of filmmakers, press, and other special guests. Depending on the shift, assistance with set-up and break-down will also be required.
- Merchandise Sales – Sell Reel Sisters’ merchandise to festival attendees.
- Photographers/Videographers – Document festival events through photography and video. Volunteers should have their own equipment. Please submit samples of previous work.
- Production Assistants – Help ensure festival events run smoothly and on schedule. Responsibilities include escorting talent backstage, prepping films to play during the festival, and event set-up and strike. This position is ideal for calm and assertive students looking for real experience with large events.
- Social Media Mavens – Create engaging content for Reel Sisters’ Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. Please submit links to your social media pages and any relevant blogs/websites.
- Note: This position requires a commitment from August through the end of October.
- Talent Assistants – Greet and escort VIPs and honorees during the awards ceremony and film festival. Monitor the green room to ensure it is fully stocked.
- Ushers – Provide top-caliber customer service to festival attendees. Duties include collecting tickets, directing attendees, answering questions, and ensuring each section stays within the allotted time period.
Working with Reel Sisters provides an excellent opportunity to learn the inner workings of a film festival, network with filmmakers and film enthusiasts, and see amazing films by emerging talent. Volunteers each receive a T-shirt and access to festival screenings and panels.